Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sending LOVE from China :)


Hi Friends! Sorry I had been missing in action for more than a week! It's just that things happened so fast that I haven't had any opportunity to blog!

If you would like a broader picture of what happened to me in the past week, you may refer to my previous post entitled "Important Dates".

Firstly, my beloved baby came back from the States on 11th, after more than half a year. Yes, it was heavenly to see her again.

Secondly, we had our marriage registration on 12th, legally sealing the PART ONE of our marriage. PART TWO (church wedding) and PART THREE (dinners in Kuching and KL) coming up in July. Wow... means that legally, I am a husband, and she is my lovely beloved wife.

Thirdly, we collected our marriage certificate on 14th, spent almost the whole morning there at the event where 102 couples registered their marriage on Valentine's Day. And yes, if you read Chinese dailies, you will find me and mine wife photo (group photo) in the papers. I will upload a scanned copy of it as soon as I head back to my office on 23rd. Nothing much to see though, since it's a group photo of a big group.

Fourthly, we traveled to Guangzhou, China, on Sunday, 15th, and had our wedding photos taken on Monday. It was a tiring but exciting experience, and I shall put up those photos as soon as I get my hands on the digital versions. I'm very sure you'll be impressed, and it will silence the critics who wondered why one would go all the way to Guangzhou, China just to have their wedding photos taken. Stay tuned!

Fifthly, we shopped till our butts dropped! It was crazy - I had never spent so much in my life before on clothes. The total accumulated amount is more than what I spent on clothings for the past 10 years - NO KIDDING! I think these clothings will last me for the next 20 years. No more clothings for me! You will see me wearing most of these new clothings in my wedding in July. Stay tuned for this too!

Sixthly, we went on a gourmet spree! I'm not much of a food connoisseur, but I must say that some of the stuffs I ate here are astonishing! Some were lame, but most are very impressive. I guess those are the adjectives I know of to describe the good food I ate... LOL... yeah, I know, most food experts would be able to describe the food to the point you could actually taste it!

And seventhly and lastly, I have less than a week and a half to prepare for my TOEFL exam! YIKES! And I can't imagine the amount of work I have to clear once I head back to office after an 8-working-days break. I would have to juggle between heavy workload at the office and studying for my exam! And probably sleep too. Sigh... wish I could be on vacation forever, and still get paid, of course!

Alright, I shall be back (blogging) real soon, as soon as I have more time. And to visit your blogs too. I surely miss reading your blogs! And to complete my postings on Women's Heart. Till then, have a beautiful midweek!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger MysLykeMeeh said...

whoah--whatta busy guys! aha--sweetheart came, so that's why! Hmnn

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 11:46:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow ... what an exciting time you have had. And ... congratulations on legally being a husband now!! The rest of your wedding celebrations in July are not far off! Good luck on your exam and ...

breathe!!

Take Care!

Small Footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 1:32:00 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

I knew you were gone for a good reason! Congratulations on a busy time off and getting to see your baby! Your post is full of HAPPY! And I am happy for you as well!
Welcome home and as Small Footprints says: Breathe!
It is good to see you, John!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 4:35:00 PM  
Blogger Inge' said...

I am glad to see you back as well! I can't wait to see the wedding photos I am sure they are beautiful. Good luck on your exam and don't worry about your work, believe me it will still be there when you get back.....unfortunately:)

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 7:46:00 PM  
Blogger fl0rlee said...

i wanna see the picture!!

Thursday, February 26, 2009 5:23:00 AM  
Blogger Christopher said...

yea yea I wanna see pics too!! haha!! :D congrats, for legally beign married, will congratulate u again when u get married officially in church xD :)

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 7:56:00 PM  
Blogger L said...

Hey how did the photos go? We were also in GZ when u were there, apparently!

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:57:00 AM  
Blogger Ron said...

Dear Mr. Tan,
I know you're alive. Your blog is past due for an updated post. START WRITING!

Friday, March 27, 2009 6:27:00 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

I second Ron! I miss you and your posts, John! I do hope you're alive and kicking wildly... come share with us!

Saturday, March 28, 2009 8:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home